| Welcome to my talk page, whilst you can post messages for me personally here, please don't leave vandalism or spam reports here - instead, please use the report pages on this wiki.|
If the message is more about my edits on Wikia as a whole, or to do with Community central, please consider leaving me a message on my Message Wall on central. If you can't edit because you're blocked, please contact staff - remember to include your Block ID.
Re: Spam Filter Problems unblock
Thanks for removing the block. I'm starting to add a lot to the wiki I'm working on, so just a heads up!
- Cool. Let us know if you have any more problems! -- RansomTime 15:37, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
I like section headers too
:) Rappy 15:43, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
I'vd enough for how it takes like 2 months for get my appending wiki request going up from 14 to 8. I have seen people adding new requests as the first item, and that's how my request still dropped from 8 to 9 even for now. I don't know if the policies of this team actually allows requests to be put like this way, but that is totally unfair for people who waited for an long time just for an harassment to be gone. This is exactly like line-cutting in real life, but worse! I have seen ones putting 12-20 items on the first item, pushing my request all the way back to where I started, or because where I started. I can't tolerate that anymore. Please do something on that, or if that is an actual legal act, tell me so that I can understand. Thanks.14:18, May 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Hey, the fact of the matter is that there are a bunch of wikis to check, and it's not the most fun of tasks. Sorry.
- Okay, so the wiki has a few pages which is entire spam, like the Founder's Userpage, and some of the blogs. Then for the hater part, a page called "Meta07" is offending the user Meta07, and a (deleted) page called "Them" is graphically (by making insulting images) offending most users from bloons conception wiki. But for now it is closed anyway, so there is nothing to say about now. Sorry for suddenly bashing on you. 09:54, May 18, 2014 (UTC)
Spam protection filter problem fix
On my test wiki, I can't create the VSTF Bot page it says "The page you wanted to save was blocked by the spam filter." and the ID block is 9358. The spam filter protected that.
- This is intentional. There's no need to create this page -- RansomTime 00:54, May 19, 2014 (UTC)
New Sierra Canal Wiki
Even if the New Sierra Canal Wiki got locked in the report list, I have to say that this guy was responsible for making this page (he also hates Klonoa) and here is John Leagsdurg getting upset about that and also about the hate against a fictional character Klonoa.
What would you do so? ---[ TheDanishSGTFanNerd | DanishSGTFan123 ]--- 17:48, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
- This is an example, not an isolated incident. I just looked for pages on Special:Random.
- See also , ,  -- RansomTime 17:50, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
- That UTUBETROLLPOLICE page...you know what? It's a group created by a guy named Tommy Parky, and it's a really bad group.
- And the Taylor Hayes page looks "innocent" for me, but the Henry Gallamotto is about the troll who were very dangerous on YouTube (and did not return after he closed his account). ---[ TheDanishSGTFanNerd | DanishSGTFan123 ]--- 17:58, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
- "any content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party, or content that contains homophobia, ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, or encourages criminal conduct"
- To give examples of where these pages break the ToU:
- UTUBETROLLPOLICE "They like to look at Klonoa playing with his foreskin on e621."
- Taylor Hayes uses the word "fag", which is homophobic
- the "Henry Gallamotto" page includes "He got abused from his parents every day, he likes child abuse since he growed up with this mental trauma." as well as the supposed IP address of this user at some point in time.
- Wikis that include content that is designed to attack users, be they users of Wikia or other websites, are routinely closed. -- RansomTime 18:05, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm curious if I could delete the Guntz and Klonoa page. Should I do it or not?
- I'll also remove these words from the articles as you said above. ---[ TheDanishSGTFanNerd | DanishSGTFan123 ]--- 18:16, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm going to pass this along to staff, who ultimately have the decision of weather to close a wiki. -- RansomTime 18:20, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
I really am at a loss to see how this wikia can be saved. As well as the frequent homophobic slurs, there are pages about minors, allegations of child abuse and more, sexual content, and all round nastiness. I'm going to close, but I will leave the database available, so you can reuse the content off-Wikia if you so choose (although I'd recommend a serious clean-up first). Wikia about online communities rarely work out well, and I'm afraid this is why -- sannse (help forum | blog) 18:49, May 20, 2014 (UTC)
- Now the Wikia's gone. I'm moving to the forums. ---[ TheDanishSGTFanNerd | DanishSGTFan123 ]--- 04:54, May 21, 2014 (UTC)
I tried making a talk page message for this, but apparently that didn't really work. So I'll ask it here - what's Report:Titles needing deleted for? All I see in the history is people adding stuff and being reverted without action... some elaboration in the intro would be nice. --Tupka217 17:41, May 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I think this came from one of our old backlog lists before we had the VSTF wiki, we had a list of titles that needed to be deleted cross-wiki. Frankly, it's not very useful now (more useful for the VSTF if some page hasn't cached so we can't find it everywhere yet). I don't think there's a talk namespace for the report namespace, which created that odd behaviour. -- RansomTime 18:36, May 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Rest assured we've looked this up and come to a decision on this block -- RansomTime 10:04, May 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, I can't give details about global blocks, there are normally only discussed between staff and the blocked user -- RansomTime 19:30, June 30, 2014 (UTC)